Topic Brainstorm

 Aesopsfables

The topic I am most interested in is Aesop's Fables. My parent's bought me a book of fables when I was little and I read them all the time. I was always a fan of stories that involved the lion. The first story for this class was my version of Androcles and the Lion. I think I will change things up and get an idea from The Country Mouse and the Town Mouse. I enjoy this story. However, I am not sure how I am going to rewrite this one but I am excited to work on it.


Image Source: gaathastory

Ancient Egyptian Mythology:

The Journey of Isis

Ancient Egyptian stories have always intrigued me. I am familiar with Egyptian Gods and Goddesses and I have always wanted to travel to Egypt. I want to write about Isis and her adventures. She has a great character arc and immense power. I might keep the story the same but with a modern twist. 


Chinese Mythology:

The Maiden Who Was Stolen Away

I have not read much Chinese mythology. I am familiar with tales about fox spirits but the fox spirit is part of a lot of Asian mythology. This particular story is similar to others. A fair maiden being taken or swept away, only to be forced to stay with a monster. With help from her brother and townspeople, she was able to escape. Her captor was left injured.  I like this story because the maiden did not fall in love with her captor.


Fairy Tale Princes:

Evil Princes

I have seen and read several fairy tales focus on princesses and evil queens. However, I am interested in stories about evil princes, besides Beauty and the Beast. There are probably more stories about evil princes, I just don't know much about them. The Hans Christian Anderson story about the evil prince sparked my interest to find more stories like it. I have ideas on writing stories about evil princes. I might keep them evil or have a change of heart. I will be researching this topic throughout the semester. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction Post

Week 3 Story : Trickery in Asgard