Microfiction : the Shadow Person

 the Shadow Person

Image Source : i.ytimg.com


It is the middle of the night. She was sleeping but somehow awake. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw a shadowy figure. It said to her “I am the thing that stays in the shadows, I am the thing that watches you, I will never leave” Suddenly, her chest felt heavy and her breathing grew shallow. She wondered if she was still asleep and having a bad dream. This isn’t the first time she has seen the shadowy figure but it was the first time she heard it speak. She just wants to wake up!

 

 

Upon waking from a deep sleep, I couldn’t move. I could feel something sitting on my chest. I tried to move. I couldn’t move. I tried to scream but no sound came out of me. I started to panic, I was breathing fast and terrified. Why can’t I move?

Wake up!



Author's note : I wanted to write about sleep paralysis. It can be terrifying for some of us and some people aren't bothered by it. Obviously, the shadows don't speak but I wanted to make a horror story out of some of the things that are seen during sleep paralysis episodes. 






Comments

  1. I am so glad to say I've never experienced sleep paralysis... some of my friends have experienced it and it sounds so scary. However, I do think sleep paralysis demon memes are really funny. I know it's in the name, but is it true you really can't move? I liked the way you wrote about it, and the "something sitting on my chest" really gave a suffocating feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have never experienced sleep paralysis but have heard stories from other people who have. Just by reading your microfiction I can kind of picture just how scary it can be because you catch the scariness in your words. I was wondering if there are different levels of sleep paralysis like there are different stages of sleep? Thank you for sharing this story!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction Post

Week 3 Story : Trickery in Asgard