Storybook Favorites


I read several storybooks. The creativity and thought that was put into the stories is impressive. I am looking forward to this project and hope I can be just as creative. 















(Image Source : Personal Photo)


https://sites.google.com/view/afrancadogsofmythology/home

 This is the first story on the list but it caught my eye because I have always enjoyed animal tales in mythology. This storybook is about dogs in mythology. The blogger wrote stories about Greek, Egyptian and Aztec dogs and their adventures. I loved how they included images of their dogs and that one of the dogs looks similar to the dog described in the last tale. The personal touch made this anthology an exciting read.


https://sites.google.com/view/webofstories/home

The introduction to this blog immediately drew me in. I am familiar with African Folklore and was excited to read the blogger's version of how humans and animals connect in their stories. It is useful that they included facts about the struggles the citizens of Zimbabwe are facing today. Adding information about traveling to parts of Africa and their mother growing up in Zimbabwe gave the introduction a personable approach. Some history and geography that was included in the introduction was a wonderful addition. The use of images of the animals described in the story is a nice touch. I hope to add a feature similar to this for my storybook.


https://sites.google.com/view/oughosts/home

I have enjoyed ghost stories for as long as I can remember. I began reading ghost tales and watching movies about hauntings when I was young. Growing up in Norman, you hear quite a bit about how some of the buildings on OU's campus are haunted. I was always told to avoid parts of the library and other campus buildings that have ghost stories attached to them. When I saw the title for OU's Haunted Halls, I was intrigued. The introduction gets straight to the point about what is included in the storybook, and has a spooky feel to it. The blogger included an interactive feature in one of the stories. The interactive feature gave you the option to choose your path, which was fun. I enjoyed that the writer was able to include something light to the sadness of the stories. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction Post

Week 3 Story : Trickery in Asgard