Growth Mindset

I have not heard of Carol Dweck until this assignment. However, there are personality theorists that have similar to hers. I am interested in learning more about mindset growth. I understood her point and how much those mindsets can impact a person. It took me a long time to stop saying "I can't do this" or "I don't know how to do this" and giving up. At some point I told myself that those negative thoughts weren't going to get me anywhere and started trying to be more optimistic. I am happy that I began to change my mindset, school has been less stressful because of it.  

I was just discussing with my mom how everything was a competition and rewards only went to the smarter kids. She is an educator and uses the growth mindset and "yet" with her students. She is familiar with Carol Dweck.  I hope that more educators and parents/guardians are applying the growth mindset to our youth. It can help ease anxiety and pressure. 




                                                        (Image from techtello, fixed mindset)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction Post

Week 3 Story : Trickery in Asgard